On Saturday I attended the #CTMeetUp even in Cape Town hosted at I Love My Laundry in Cape Town. About 50 bloggers attended the event. I Love My Laundry is an actual functioning laundromat, but is also a restaurant. A first for me! I was so confused when they said the event is going to be at a laundromat and when we arrived it looked like a restaurant…I only later realized that it is both!
I arrived early, but luckily I wasn’t the only one. With a lump in my throat I walked up to three ladies chatting and introduced myself. We struck up a conversation and with a bang people suddenly started flooding into the venue and the space got noisy quickly! We all got some pegs to exchange for drinks which was included in our ticket price. We had a lovely chat to a public relations representative and answered/asked questions around blogging for brands. It was all very informative.
It was so awesome to meet some of the bloggers I have been following for years, some that I haven’t seen for ages and meeting new ones! It was SUCH a great vibe and everyone got on like a house on fire. It was such a cool event. We enjoyed some drinks of our choice, dim sum and baked cheesecake for dessert.
There were a ton of spot prizes and we each received an awesome goodie bag!
- A Ring To It (@aringtoit on Twitter and Instagram) – 20% discount voucher
- Tribe Coffee (@tribe_coffee on Twitter) – Ground coffee and coffee beans
- My Smart Kid (@mysmartkid on Twitter) – A cute felt owl
- Grootbos (@grootbos on Twitter) – A jar of honey
- Saszli Chocolates (@saszlichocolat on Twitter and @saszliachocolates on Instagram) – Chocolate truffles – YUM!
- Tip Top Nails (@TipTopNailsSA) – A base coat and a polish – WOOT! (ones I don’t actually own already!)
- Heart And Home (@Heart_and_Home on Twitter) – I received decorative garlands
- Lucky Brand – Discount at V & A Waterfront/Canal Walk stores
- Optiphi – (@optiphi on Twitter) – I received a primer to apply before my foundation
- John Frieda – (@johnfriedasa on Twitter) – Hair Repair Treatment – I so need this!
- Romeo Foxtrot – (@romeofoxtrotdesigns on Instagram) – Cute bracelet – Check out her products on Instagram!
- Coeval Contemporary Jewellery (@coeval_ZA on Twitter) – An awesome bag hook which I am already using daily at work instead of chucking my bag on the floor
- Wakaberry – (@wakaberry on Twitter) – iPhone 5 cover
- Revlon (@revlonSA) – Mascara and lipstick – what girl doesn’t want more pretty?
- The Galileo Open Air Theatre (@galileo_cinema on Twitter) – 2 tickets for a movie, chairs and blankets. So excited!
- Macaroon (@macaroonme on Twitter) – 10% discount on online purchases
- Thyme Spa (@thymespacape onTwitter) – Voucher towards a treatment of your choice