Stole this from Wenchy’s blog 🙂
1.What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
I carried a baby past 23 weeks.
I was given a baby shower for my own self.
I took a harsh stand within my family for the good of my own [new] family.
I joined Twitter (this seems silly, but it has changed my life in a wonderful way).
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t believe in New Year’s resolutions. I reached a point where it felt like I was setting myself up for failure every year. It’s really just easier not to do it. One of the things I wanted to do, despite not making it a ‘resolution’ as such is get pregnant. Guess I nailed that one 🙂
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nellie gave birth in April, Leigh gave birth to Logan and Louisa said happy birthday to Nicola within the last few weeks!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Only South Africa.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A healthy baby (working on that!)
Peace on the family front.
7. What date(s) from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Our 2nd wedding anniversary and 8 year relationship anniversary on the 26th of April.
Jamie’s first birthday that we celebrated on the 5th of November.
My baby shower on the 19th of December…thanks for making it so special everyone!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Man these questions are hard. Getting through a tough time in the beginning of year and managing to stay sane and keep my marriage together when it seemed like everything was falling apart.
Not killing my boss.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I would like to think I didn’t really have any massive failures this year.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I’ve had bronchitis twice this year, both times during my pregnancy. The first time in May was quite severe. I was in pain and sick for almost a month. The second time was a little less serious, but still inconvenient and expensive.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I haven’t bought much for myself this year. I suppose the best thing I bought for myself is my Avon make up. It’s the small things!
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My grandfather. He is braving chemotherapy again. For that, he deserves a medal!
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
My Evil Mother. Nothing new. Moving on.
14. Where did most of your money go?
My car. It’s my biggest expense since I pay for it and all it’s expenses on my own. The rest of our expenses are shared.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Babyice. I’m super excited!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Sexy bitch – Akon
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder? Happier
Thinner or fatter? Fatter! (and pregnanter :P)
Richer or poorer? Richer! More savings!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I had had some more to drink when I still could 😛
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Whining. Apparently I can be quite whiney.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We spent Christmas with my in laws. Will post about it later.
21. How will you be spending New Year?
With my fabulous twitter friends, I can’t wait!
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
No, just fell in love with my husband (again). I’ve got a feeling I’ll be head over heels in love by mid February though 🙂
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
The usual reality TV programmes and loving The Big Bang Theory too!
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, not really. The usual suspects.
26. What was the best book you read?
Out of the books I have read this year, ‘The Vampire Lestat’ has to be the best. Nothing really stands out, but I’m busy reading Shantaram and really enjoying it.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I haven’t discovered anyone new that I am crazy about.
28. What did you want and get?
A pregnancy with a healthy baby!
29. What did you want and not get?
I didn’t win the lotto again. Damn. Didn’t play much either.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I cried. I’ve read the books and can’t wait for the next two movies.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Nothing much. It’s the second year running that I have been pregnant on my birthday, so no shenanigans. I had tea and cake with my family. No celebration.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If my grandfather had been healthy and not needed to go for chemo again.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
I’m wearing what fits. Don’t judge me.
34. What kept you sane?
My husband, friends and those friends that live in my computer.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Wentworth Miller. Nom.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don’t do politics, but I voted for the first time in my life this year. I felt very patriotic and felt like I was making a contribution.
I also felt very connected with everyone else as we all shared our voting experiences on Twitter. I like feeling like I’m part of something big.
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Gosh. I’ve met so many new fantastic people this year. I could not narrow it down, but if I was really forced to I would have to say Nellie. We met up in George at the end of May…co-incidentally…Babyice was conceived that very weekend 😀
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
I cannot control the actions of other people and offering advice and help will not necessarily lead them in the right direction. Sometimes you just have to step back and to let go.
40. Quote that sums up your year.
Waste not fresh tears over old griefs. – Euripides